Cygnus Cygnus 1
A heavy-duty ultrasonic thickness gauge, the Cygnus 1 has been specified for use in hazardous areas to measure corrosion defects in metal. Easy to use and featuring a lightweight, ergonomic design, the Cygnus does not require surface coating removal to gather accurate ultrasonic thickness measurement readings. The 1I.S has been certified Intrinsically Safe to both EXII 1g EEX iaIIC TG and CSA Class1, Group A, Division1 standards.
The Cygnus 1 I.S. Thickness Meter is supplied with 2 batteries, a battery charger probe, a spares kit, a test block, an operating manual, and a transit case.
- Use in a hazardous atmosphere – Ex II 1 G EEx ia IIC T6.
- No plant shut-down or hot-work permit is necessary.
- Rugged construction.
- Stable calibration – linear accuracy – no zero adjustment.
- 1.0-99.9mm measurement range.
- Rechargeable batteries with charger.
- Usable on metals and other materials.
- The on switch is only a control automatic off.
- LED display with a polarised filter.
- Imperial readout option
- Chemical plants
- Dry, dusty environments where ignition could occur
- Fuel depots
- Grain processing plants
- LPG vessels
- Oil and gas production facilities such as pipelines and offshore platforms
- Petroleum, chemical storage tanks
- Processing vessels
- Road transport tankers carrying potentially explosive contents
- Structures and facilities in mines