GE’s MIC 20 is a versatile two-in-one tester combining the UCI (Ultrasonic Contact Impedance) and rebound test methods (standardized to ASTM A956, A1038, and DIN EN ISO 18265, DIN 50159). The UCI method tests small and complex shaped parts comprised of fine-grained metals, while the rebound method is preferred for larger, coarse-grained forgings and castings.
The two methods enable you to easily measure the hardness of your test object in a matter of seconds: place a probe or impact device on the test object and read the measured value on the display. In this way, you can measure anywhere and in any direction. The Mic 20 uses a patented signal processing to also put this advantage into practice for the rebound hardness method. In addition, both test methods offer easy and fast calibration capability, presentation of the results according to the usual hardness scales, and extremely easy handling in mobile use in daily testing situations.
- Combined hardness tester for quasi-static hardness testing according to the UCI method (ASTM A1038) and dynamic hardness testing according to the rebound method (ASTM A956).
- UCI probes for hardness testing of fine-grained materials having different masses and shapes or heat-treated surfaces.
- Rebound impact devices for hardness testing on large, coarse-grained components, forgings, and cast materials.
- Automatic scale conversion to HV, HB, HRC, HRB, HS, HL and N/mm2.
- Operation by keys and/or integrated touch screen, easy input of alphanumerical data.
- Power supply: mains adapter (100 V – 240 V) or NiMH battery pack MIC 20-BAT (internal charging).
- Internal data memory for approx. 5,000 measurement series.
- Quick and easy calibration to various test materials.
- Calibration data are saved and can be recalled Non-directional measurement without the input of any correction factors.
- A large color TFT display shows all necessary information during measurement, such as average, single value, or statistical data ,at a glance.
- Clearly arranged data memory to save measurement results in an easy and structured way.
- Measurement series can be recalled and edited.